This blog is a place for Notre Dame students and others to share their thoughts on Father Jenkins' forthcoming policy on academic freedom and Catholic identity at Our Lady's University.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Open Letter to the Fr. John Jenkins, CSC

Fr. Bill Miscamble, CSC
Professor of History

Dear John,

I write to object to your decision to permit the continued regular production of “The Vagina Monologues” on our campus. I write in this public manner to alert our faculty colleagues and our treasured students that not all members of the Congregation of Holy Cross, to which we belong, endorse your decision. Speaking for myself, I find the decision deeply damaging to Notre Dame and its mission as a Catholic university. It is a decision that I beg you to reconsider and to reverse.

(Read More)

11:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home